Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Interview with... Denise DuBarry

In the course of locating celebrities to interview for my blog site I have received pleasant rejections, and some down-right rude responses.
That being written I have also corresponded with some very nice people.
Denise DuBarry Hay is certainly one of the nice people.

Working under the name Denise DuBarry, Denise has appeared on TV hits such as CHiPs, The Love Boat, Charlies Angels, and especially Days Of Our Lives.
Please read on and you'll discover Denise is a genuinely nice, amazing person.



1. Being There was a swan song for Peter Sellers. What was it like to be a part of the production?

When I was cast as Johanna Franklin in Being There I had already had starring roles in films, when Hal Ashby offered me the very small role in Being There I had to think about doing such a small role. After thinking about it for 5 minutes, I thought there was no way I could say “No”. Hal Ashby was a brilliant director and the chance to be in a film with the actors involved was a rare opportunity.

2. Did you have much involvement with Peter? What was he like?

I didn’t really have much involvement with Peter.



3. What can you tell us about your time on Days Of Our Lives?

I did a couple of episodes of Days of Our Lives as a guest star playing different characters. The series that I worked on regularly was one called, Black Sheep Squadron about a squadron of marines based in the South Pacific. That was a very fun show to work on, we had real WWII airplanes on the set and because it was a period piece, I really felt like I was in a different place, a different time when I went to work.



4. May I ask, what has been your dream role?

Working with my daughter in a film would be fun!

5. What’s coming up next for you?

I’m producing now. I just produced “Shoot the Hero” (ShootTheHero.com) with Jason Mewes, Samantha Lockwood (my daughter), Danny Trejo and a cast full of great actors. Shoot the Hero is being released very soon. I believe its coming out in the UK and Germany in September & October and in the US in October. I’m not sure what the Australian plans are yet, although I hear there are talks with distributors there.



6. Is there a particular event or charity you would like to bring to my readers’ attention?

I’m involved with an organization that provides shelter and counseling for abused and abandoned children in the US, Olive Crest.


Thank you Denise!
Please keep a watch as I have also interviewed Denise's daughter Samantha Lockwood. I hope to have the interview up on my blog very soon.

What did you think of this interview?
Please comment, or email me directly at mgbouw@yahoo.com.au
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment