Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Interview with... Marco St John

You may not have heard of Marco St John, but I can bet you've heard and seen the films he's appeared in.
Runaway Jury
The Punisher
Thelma And Louise
Yep, I thought so.
Marco St John is who I like to refer to as an actor's actor. He's done it long enough, he's made a career out of it, and he's damn good at it.

So it is of course my honour to bring to you my interview with Marco St John

What was it like to be a part of the filming for Thelma And Louise?

Filming Thelma & Louise was filled with good feelings. We all knew we were part of something special. Plus we enjoyed filming very much because we were in the most beautiful country, Canyonlands and Arches National parks along the Colorado river close to Moab, Utah.

You’ve appeared in some major cult TV hits, such as Gunsmoke, Bonanza, and In The Heat Of The Night. How do you feel about this, from an actor’s point of view?

They were a lot of fun and all big long running hits, so I still have people stop me and recognize me from them.

What experiences can you tell us about the filming for Runaway Jury?

Not to much, I just worked a couple of days on the film and that was cut down to just a small bit, although they did film it with four cameras going at one time. But I enjoyed working and talking with Gene Hackman again with whom I had done a movie with in Chicago "THE PACKAGE".

You appeared in a film I just loved, The Punisher. Online there are people who love it, and also people who hate it. How do you feel, from an actor’s point of view, when there is such division over a film you are a part of?

I personally like action films and find them a lot of fun, cinematically this was not CITIZEN KANE but it was fun, Also of interest was that they shot tons of film the film would have been much longer if they had included all they shot. Some parts that were felt did not advance the plot were cut down to just a shadow of what they had been (including mine) so as to move the film along...

What was it like on the set of The Punisher?

Very professional and again quite fun to be in...



What can you tell us about Dead Of Night?

The script is very good...and everyone does a good job in it. It has a first class production team led by Gil Adler who produced SUPERMAN RETURNS. Brandon Routh the star of both those pics does a very good job. I think it will be in the top ten when its released, if not # 1.

What are you currently working on?

I just finished a horror movie, RITES OF SPRING and I have a recurring role in the HBO series TREME playing the father of one of the leads Steve Zahn. It's one of the best things I've seen made for TV.



So there you go. You learn something new everyday, hey?

I hope you had fun reading this interview. I sure did have a hoot conducting it, and thrilled to each of Marco's responses.

What did you think of this interview? Please comment, or email me directly at mgbouw@yahoo.com.au
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment