Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Interview with... Christie Sanford

Now for a fun interview.

Actors working in the horror genre are always fun to talk to. They're so excited about their work!
None more so than Christie Sanford.
I hope you guys enjoy the interview....



You’ve been in film for around 10 years now, and in that time you’ve developed a cult fan base. How do you feel about this?

I love my fans! It is so exciying to get emails from them and sign autographs. A few fans have actually become pretty good friends, on Facebook, Myspace, by email and the good old phone, too! It feels great to know that the work one does is appreciated by others!

Do you have any fun stories concerning your fans?

A couple. One day I was getting on a train which I had never been on before. I wasn't sure I was getting n the right train, and was a tad panick stricken. I decided to ask someone if I was on the rght train. I asked a nice looking young man sitting in front of me reading a paper.He looked up at me and said "Christie?" Another gal was having some difficulty in her life and I gave her my number and she called me. We had a great conversation and we talk quite a bit now.She surprised me by putting up a page for mySister Madeline character on MYSPACE! I just love it!

What drew you to work in the horror genre?

This was really Dante Tomaselli's doing. I went to my first film audition with a monologue from a Chekov play. It was an evil type of character. I guess Dante liked it, because I got the part and have been working with him ever since!

Have you been to any horror conventions? I hear the fans can be pretty loyal, and vocal.

Yes I've attended a few at the Meadow Lands in N.J. Sold a few DVD's, signed a few autographs, met alot of the people, and took pictures with them.They were great- and it was alot of fun.

What would be your dream role?

Something like Sissy Spacek's mother in Carey, or a female Jack Nicholson in The Shining. I also love anything Kathy Bates does- she can be so oddly terrifying!



What’s coming up next for you?

Gearing up to begin rincipal photography on TORTURE CHAMBER with Dante at the helm, starring Vincent Pastore, Lynn Lowry and Ed Neil. Can't wait!




Thank you Christie!
I'm just sorry I could only interview you once. You were a fun person to correspond with. Feel free to contact me anytime.
And, of course, I wish you all the very best.

What did you think of this interview? Please comment, or email me directly at mgbouw@yahoo.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment