Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Interview with... Michele Waitman

She was Sarah Michelle Gellar's stunt double on the Buffy TV series, and has done some great stunt work on movies such as Spider-Man 3, Poseidon (2006), Mean Girls 2.
Her latest work is on the remake of Footloose.

Of course, I'm talking about stunt performer Michele Waitman.

Here's my interview with Michele, who has some interesting things to say.




1. How did you become a stunt woman?

I started doing stunt work after graduating from college, I got a job working at the Indiana Jones Stunt Show at Walt Disney World. I received amazing training from the best in the business.

2. What work did you do on Spider-Man 3?

I did ND (Non descriptive) stunts on Spider-Man 3. I was a pedestrian walking across the street when Sandman came through and it was a close miss with a taxi car that was being blown my way.

3. Do you prefer stunt work on TV, rather than film?

I love doing stunt work on TV and Film. They both are different though. TV works on a much faster pace. Films my take many months or not, but I enjoy both.



4. Can you tell us a bit about your involvement in Mean Girls 2?

Mean Girls 2, I stunt doubled Nicole Gale Anderson. It was a flag football game. It was a lot of fun. I worked with some old friends and met some new.

5. What has been your biggest stunt so far?

Biggest stunt so far has to be having twin boys! My boys are 13 years old now and have done some stunt work themselves. My whole family is in the business and we look after each other for advice and support.

6. What’s coming up next for you?

I just finished working on "Footloose" stunt doubling Julianne Hough. I don't have a next project at this moment, but things change really fast in this line of business. I look forward to any work that I get because I love doing what I do!



Thank you for the interview Michele.
Thank you also for the autograph. I really appreciated it.

I'd love to know what you think of this interview so please feel free to comment below.
Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Great job Maarten!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete