Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Interview with... Micha Bergese

These days everyone seems to be talking about the Twilight movies, without any real acknowledgement to the great vampire movies which came before it.
It's my pleasure to be interviewing Micha Bergese, who played a role in Interview With The Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles.
I would be remiss to not mention Micha has since directed Shaolin Monks in The Shaolin Wheel Of Life.
Currently Micha is extremely busy with his own production company, Micha Bergese Productions.
http://www.michabergese.com/

What Micha has to say about his career to date certainly is interesting. I hope you enjoy.




1. You’ve done TV and film work. What is your preference?

Quite frankly, neither - I never pursued film or TV work but took it on, when offered - I like(d) the challenge and for that reason I did it. Really, I am a 'live performance' person however, I love watching films and adore the art of film making. (Can't stand TV though).

2. Please tell us about your work on Interview With The Vampire.

Having worked with Neil Jordan in 'The Company Of Wolves' the needle on his compass pointed into my direction - which gave me the opportunity. I loved the work on this film and of course, I admire Neil's work. I was involved with the Paris section and had a great time while staging and choreographing the theatre scene in the Paris Opera. Everybody was simply brilliant to work with especially Kirsten Dunst (still a child then but a child with magic, inspiration and aspiration). Brad Pitt - brilliantly cool, relaxed and personable - and man! could he deliver. Antonio Banderas had the emotional strength of a bull and bull-fighter put in one with the power of a tsunami - breath taking. Cruise had to learn a triplet of the waltz-steps, liked his private space and many re-takes - which is fine and Christian Slater was not on the set when I was. My performance as a vampire was 'messing about' in a controlled and somewhat crafted manner - we had a ball.

3. What do you think is the appeal of vampires on film?

Because it's the only place where you see the guys for real.



4. Please tell us about your work outside of film.

Phew - where do you want me to start. I'm 65 now and never stopped working in the dance, circus and music world since I was 18 I worked (and still do) as a performer, choreographer, artistic and creative director as well as producer, running my own company - Micha Bergese Productions.

5. What’s coming up next for you?

I am working on the 4th incarnation of Jeff Wayne's 'The War Of The Worlds' as creative director, am trying to get a new show on the road, 'Temptation' with the Medieval Baebes and am producing/directing a clutch of aerial show for P&O Australia's Pacific Cirque.

6. Is there an event or charity you would like to bring to my readers’ attention?

Yes, I support the Red Cross and the Samaritans - both in the UK




I sincerely thank Micha for all his time and efforts on this interview.
I'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to post a comment below.
Until next time.

8 comments:

  1. I was totally in love with Micha Bergese when I was a young girl. Thank you for doing this interview. I hope to see more of him soon. He truely is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that was interesting...i was beggining to wonder what happen to him...he is cute in the company of the wolves...well the part where he first meets Rosaline :)...but hey guys what films do you reccomend me to watch with Micha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many moons ago, I often took class with him and attended his workshops, Graham based Modern Dance... well, to me he is always a dancer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me too. I was lucky enough to attend a one day workshop that he led in my hometown where he was also performing. I think he was with Mantis at the time. Great memories and a really nice guy.

      Delete
  4. WOW! Oh Good god, TCOW came out when I was 14, hormones RAGING and Holy Cow, did that FINE "Huntsman" make me crazy and do all sorts of things in my mind, and my heart too, in all honesty. I knew his goal wasn't to actually EAT the girl, like in Little Red Riding Hood; because he never injured her. Gosh, but always thought it may have been difficult filming being asked to "make out" with such a young girl.

    Micha, your performance was one for the annals of film cult classics, and I think you are a beautiful male.

    It was hard for me to figure out which of the Paris Vampires you were but believe I did eventually. When abducting Louis, Claudia and Madeleine, YOU were the vampire who grabbed his legs while he was on the ledge of their balcony, right?


    At any rate, I hope that you are safe and well out there in the world.

    Your Florida Fan,
    Lady Aszneth
    v----v


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: ... and to top it all off, just sexy as Hell!

      (Aszneth)

      Delete
  5. Enchanting as the huntsman I was bewitched ever since absolutely deep crush on him still

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to have seen more of Micha there is very little online - I often listen to his voice speaking to James Nave I absolutely adore him

    ReplyDelete