Monday, July 5, 2010

Interview with... Erica Hosseini

Next up in my line of celebrity interviews is award winning surfer, Erica Hosseini.
Fans of Erica know her for her massive skills on a surfboard, and even modelling in front of the camera.
This interview has some VERY interesting news about the upcoming X-Men: First Class movie currently underway, from direction by Matthew Vaughn (Kick Ass). Read on.



1. What attracted you to the world of surfing?

- I grew up on the beach my entire life, so it was just a natural fit that I would eventually start surfing. And I was an extreme tomboy with an older brother that I was very competitive with, so it was inevitable.



2. What has been a career highlight for you, in terms of surfing?

- I was the NSSA National Open Women's Champion and won the Governors Cup.
- I broke the world record and became the youngest amateur surfer to ever make a pro final at the time.
-I have won ASP Jr. Events and Other Pro Contests... Some are bigger than others, but they are all equally gratifying and 'highlight moment.'

3. You've also done some modelling work. What can you tell us about that?

- Yes, I'm been fortunate enough to market myself in the surf industry to my sponsors. They have utilized my looks in various advertising campaigns, and have been recognized to be not only a surfer but a model. It's extremely flattering, and I love it, but it would have never come without the surfing and at the end of the day, that's what I love the most :)



4. According to your twitter account, and www.comicbookmovie.com/ you're auditioning for a movie role in Matthew Vaughn's X-Men: First Class. What can you tell us about that?

-Yeah, I just went in for a reading for the new XMEN Movie: First Class... I was extremely nervous and reading my lines the best I could. But I have absolutely no acting experience. I really hope that I get a call back, but I'm not holding my breath.

5. Can you give us any details as to the role you are auditioning for?

-I was auditioning for a role named Willow (hopefully I don't get in trouble for blabbing details on the off-chance that I get it). It's a role similar to Mystique from what I understand. Potentially lots of body paint, so that would be really fun.



6. From this it seems you're wanting to break into films. What would be a dream movie role for you?

- It would be cool to break into the film industry, but I'm not going on auditions and trying for a career change. If the opportunity comes I will with out a doubt accept it.... but it has to be the right fit. My dream movie would probably be some super hero action film, with a crazy costume. That just sounds really fun! I love stunts, so i would want lots of action :)



So there you go guys. You read it here first, there'll be a completely new X-Men character in the upcoming movie, X-Men: First Class.

I sincerely hope Erica lands the role as she's incredible nice, and works very hard at everything she sets out to achieve. I mean, just check out those surfing records!

Please be sure to check out Erica's website, www.ericahosseini.com/ where you can keep up to date with all her going's on. It's a terrific site.




What did you think of this interview? Please comment, or email me directly at mgbouw@yahoo.com.au
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment